The Church of St John the Baptist - Glastonbury, Somerset
The Church of St John the Baptist, GlastonburyThe Church of St John the Baptist, GlastonburyThe Church of St John the Baptist, GlastonburyThe Church of St John the Baptist, Glastonbury

Photo Gallery

St George's Chapel Screen

St George's Chapel Screen

The oak screen is a reconstruction of the original, made by Bligh Bond in 1927, incorporating fifteenth century portions found in an old house which was formerly church property. These portions contain carvings of the Agnus Dei (for St. John the Baptist), a pelican in piety (associated with Bishop Fox of Wells), a St. George and the Dragon and Tudor Roses.

Click on image to return

Our thanks go to Palden Jenkins, Gill Hammond
& David Gowland for the photographs on this website