St George's Chapel Screen
The oak screen is a reconstruction of the original, made by Bligh Bond in 1927, incorporating fifteenth century portions found in an old house which was formerly church property. These portions contain carvings of the Agnus Dei (for St. John the Baptist), a pelican in piety (associated with Bishop Fox of Wells), a St. George and the Dragon and Tudor Roses.
Our thanks go to Palden Jenkins, Gill Hammond
& David Gowland for the photographs on this website