Securing The Future
Purpose of the Securing the Future Project
To create a modern, fresh, and flexible interior within a medieval church building to enhance worship, to provide an open space for a variety of worship and community activities, and to display and celebrate the historical legacy of the building and its prominent place within the Town of Glastonbury. To do this, we need to
- Install up-to-date under-floor heating and in the process create a clear, level, and stable floor.
- Install modern glazed draught-resistant porches at the west and south entrances, allowing unobstructed views of the full length of the church.
- Install flexible, multi-function lighting, and audio-visual facilities to support a wide variety of activities, including worship, concerts, productions, and history and heritage displays.
- Install a modern kitchen to permit hosting proper hot meals as well as casual refreshments.
- Refresh, enlarge, and relocate the organ to enhance choral, music, and worship events.
Committees and Responsible People
- Vicar: Revd David MacGeoch
- Project Manager: Larry Schenck
- Churchwardens: Bill Wych and Joan Lewsey
- Publicity (external): Joy Taylor, Ann Merritt, Sue Gowland, Michael Masters
- Publicity (external): Kay Wych, Derek Dorey, Michael Masters
- Facebook: Kathy MacGeoch